Official Documentation??

May 20, 2012 at 5:59 PM

Hi all,

I'm new to CodePlex (so much so that I created an account to post this question) so forgive me but I'm having a little trouble using SuperWebSockets.

I've downloaded the latest source  (SuperWebSocket 0.6) and compiled everything a-okay but I can't seem to find any comprehensive documentation as to how to use it and what standards to employ to use it how it was intended etc.

The documentation tab for SuperWebSocket contains a link to 'SuperSocket' documentation and underneath it it says:

Official Documentation

• Basic Configuration
  • Handle incoming messages
  • Sub protocol
  • Command assembly
  • Built-in JSON support
  • Custom session and application
  • Built-in Flash/Silverlight policy server
  • Secure WebSocket support(wss)
  • Run SuperWebSocket on Linux
  • Troubleshooting

Yet none of those bullet points are links to official documentation pages, they are in fact just bullet points. Is this the way it was intended?

Where should I look/what should I read to understand how I can utilise SuperWebSockets to implement my web socket server?

Thanks in advance for any replies.

Coordinator
May 21, 2012 at 5:04 AM
Sorry, no real document for now. But sample projects in source code can tell you how it works. And the documents of SuperSocket does a little help.

Sent from my Windows Phone

Sent: 5/20/2012 12:59 PM
To: kerry-jiang@hotmail.com
Subject: Official Documentation?? [SuperWebSocket:356465]

Hi all,

I'm new to CodePlex (so much so that I created an account to post this question) so forgive me but I'm having a little trouble using SuperWebSockets.

I've downloaded the latest source (SuperWebSocket 0.6) and compiled everything a-okay but I can't seem to find any comprehensive documentation as to how to use it and what standards to employ to use it how it was intended etc.

The documentation tab for SuperWebSocket contains a link to 'SuperSocket' documentation and underneath it it says:

Official Documentation

• Basic Configuration
  • Handle incoming messages
  • Sub protocol
  • Command assembly
  • Built-in JSON support
  • Custom session and application
  • Built-in Flash/Silverlight policy server
  • Secure WebSocket support(wss)
  • Run SuperWebSocket on Linux
  • Troubleshooting

Yet none of those bullet points are links to official documentation pages, they are in fact just bullet points. Is this the way it was intended?

Where should I look/what should I read to understand how I can utilise SuperWebSockets to implement my web socket server?

Thanks in advance for any replies.

May 21, 2012 at 10:49 AM

Thanks Kerry,

I'll make sure to read the SuperSockets documentation thoroughly. As it is, with my current abilities, I'm finding it hard to decipher how to use SuperWebSockets simply from examining the sample projects. I will persevere though!

Thanks again.