IIS7.5 Recycling

Aug 7, 2012 at 7:03 AM

Hi Kerry,

after a testing period with only two client i decided to install my application with SWS, because everything was perfectly working.

Now I have 10 clients connected through SWS, and IIS7.5 is configured to recycle every day at 0400. The problem is that at every seconds 00 (it means every minute at second 00), the server sends a command to the clients. So it's happening that when the recycling started the server is also sending commands, and after the first two clients command (remember the testing phase), it stops working and refuse any connections, even though the recycle is finished and everything works, except  the SWS server. if i restart the poll manually everything work as expected.

I'm using the overlapping recycling. In my opinion, the new instance cannot start because the old one is listening on the same port.

I cannot send you any log, because in production i do not have rights to use perf monitor.

Thank you

Gerardo

Coordinator
Aug 7, 2012 at 7:21 AM
I don't know why your IIS recycles every minutes. And I suggestion don't host SuperWebSocket in IIS. You'd better run it in standalone windows service (SuperSocket.SocketService.exe).
Sent: Tuesday, August 07, 2012 3:03 PM
To: [email removed]
Subject: IIS7.5 Recycling [SuperWebSocket:390525]

Hi Kerry,

after a testing period with only two client i decided to install my application with SWS, because everything was perfectly working.

Now I have 10 clients connected through SWS, and IIS7.5 is configured to recycle every day at 0400. The problem is that at every seconds 00 (it means every minute at second 00), the server sends a command to the clients. So it's happening that when the recycling started the server is also sending commands, and after the first two clients command (remember the testing phase), it stops working and refuse any connections, even though the recycle is finished and everything works, except the SWS server. if i restart the poll manually everything work as expected.

I'm using the overlapping recycling. In my opinion, the new instance cannot start because the old one is listening on the same port.

I cannot send you any log, because in production i do not have rights to use perf monitor.

Thank you

Gerardo