How to set the Client Port?

Oct 10, 2012 at 7:35 PM

due to Silverlight restrictions I have to setup the server to use a SL safe Port, in my case 4502.

However we connect with clients other than Silverlight, in my case a Windows Forms Application. It seems that some policies in our user community are restricting the outgoing - client side port. We can tell the socket what port to connect to on the server. Is there a way specify what port to use on the Client?

Thanks,

Brian

Coordinator
Oct 11, 2012 at 3:09 AM

You needn't set local port, what you should do is deploying a Silverlight socket policy file.

Oct 11, 2012 at 6:51 PM
kerryjiang wrote:

You needn't set local port, what you should do is deploying a Silverlight socket policy file.

Right. We did that and it is working great for the Silverlight applications.

Where we are having problems is connecting from our Windows Forms Applications. And only on *some* of those installs.

What we are thinking is there are some local policies locking down *outgoing* ports. So we want to isolate those instances and find Ports availble thru whatever local Workstation/Client side policies.

This may not be where the problem is but because of stringent *locked down* client policies it is where we are currently looking.

That's why I was asking if we could specify the Port being use at the *Client* side.

Thanks,

Brian 

Coordinator
Oct 12, 2012 at 2:58 AM

Your question is about WebSocket4Net (websocket client)?

WebSocket4Net doesn't have this feature. I think it also won't provide this feature.

Could you check your problem deeper?

What error do you get?