SuperWebSocketService

Jan 6, 2013 at 9:06 AM

I could not find code sample for SuperWebSocketService in the latest SuperWebSocket download.   Does anybody know where it is?  Thanks.

Coordinator
Jan 15, 2013 at 9:04 AM

What do you mean code sample?

SuperWebSocketService is a running container which can  host SuperWebSocket in a console application or a windows service.

Jan 16, 2013 at 3:16 PM

Hi kerryjiang.

I was actually looking for source code for SuperWebSocketService as a reference for me to build my own web socket server.  I found the source code in SuperWebSocket Drop 8 download.  Now I got my own web socket server running.   Thanks so much for sharing SuperWebSocket.  It is indeed super!

Coordinator
Jan 16, 2013 at 4:28 PM

It still stay in source code, you should choose the branch v0.6.

In the master branch, SuperWebSocket uses SuperSocket.SocketService.exe as default standalone bootstrap.

Jun 3, 2014 at 12:38 AM
Hi kerryjiang

Could you provide some pointers on how to use the superWebSocketService. I'm trying to write a live chat application based on your LiveWebChat sample. The sample works well, but I can't figure out how I'd alter it to use the windows service. I'm assuming I need to make web.config/global asax changes?
Apologies if I've misunderstood the usage.
Coordinator
Jun 3, 2014 at 1:51 AM
Yes, there is a sample project in the source code to demonstrate how to use SuperSocket.SocketService.exe to build a windows service application.
Jun 3, 2014 at 3:37 AM
Which sample are you referring to?
I don’t want to use the WebSocket4Net. I’d like to send the messages to the server from javascript (as the live web chat example does).
Coordinator
Jun 3, 2014 at 4:24 AM
Did you find the samples?

Please read them one by one.
Jun 23, 2014 at 7:05 AM
Edited Jun 23, 2014 at 7:06 AM
No, I couldn't find a useful sample in the SuperWebSocket(0.8) source to help me set up a windows service which would have an html/javascript client.
Coordinator
Jun 23, 2014 at 7:07 AM
Please download the latest source code from the code repository, and you can find a folder named "Samples".