What's best options for video streaming or max data transfer using SuperWebSocket

Apr 16, 2014 at 6:10 AM
Hi All,

Minimum To Achieve:- Send nearly or more than 1 mb/second to other websocket clients.

Questions:--
1] Is it possible video streaming with SuperWebSocket?
2] What options/features of SuperWebSocket can be used like Asynch mode/JsonCommands/CustomSession/etc to achieve fastest data transfer?
3] How to sequence a big data sent in chunks but if received without any order at client or server side? Is there anything built in to sequence these chunks or I have to manually send sequence nos in message itself?

What I have tried:--
Multiple secure sessions with same port and different paths
wss://localhost:8089/1/1
wss://localhost:8089/2/2
wss://localhost:8089/3/3

with above sessions I send large data in chunks but it's not receiving in expected order at server/client side and also after successfully sending large chunk (size=55000kb) that session closes automatically!

I am looking into sample projects of SuperWebSocket but not sure where to go!
I am open to try any option inside SuperWebsocket.
Thanks
Coordinator
Apr 16, 2014 at 12:01 PM
Did you check the error log?

If you don't have the log files, please read this documentation and then enable the logging:
http://docs.supersocket.net/v1-6/en-US/Logging-in-SuperSocket
Apr 16, 2014 at 1:37 PM
Yes kerryjiang,
Problem of session closing solved once I set maxRequestLength in web.config after looking at log files. Thanks
Can you suggest possible solutions for above 3 questions?
Coordinator
Apr 16, 2014 at 4:30 PM
1) Which protocol are you using? I think there is no existing media transferring protocol can go over websocket.
2) Did you find any performance issue? You'd better do some performance test
3) TCP is serial, so the order can be ensured
Apr 18, 2014 at 11:25 AM
Edited Apr 18, 2014 at 11:29 AM
1] So I can't send even series of snapshots to clients? Any option out of scope?

2] I expected little push before my try. :)

3] I sent a string in series of characters- 0123456789abcd through separate clients like
  • wss://localhost:8089/1/1 sent char 0
  • wss://localhost:8089/2/2 sent char 1
  • wss://localhost:8089/3/3 sent char 2
At server, after concatenation of chars from all clients same string formed- 0123456789abcd, which is expected. But then
As a client itself only can receive it's own character sent to server due to clients with different paths. (wss://localhost:8089/1/1 wss://localhost:8089/2/2).
Here I found that data received at client side is not in order as it sent because any client receives data randomly.
Received string after concatenation- 0523164978abdc

TCP is serial but how to sequence receiving data at client side? Any built in option or manually add sequence nos in data itself?
Apologies for lengthy description.
Coordinator
Apr 19, 2014 at 1:01 PM
I cannot understand you. But anyway, the serial of TCP is base on per connection.

But it seems you are talking about many connections.